|This is a real "hidden Gem" of a SE MN airport. The
administration building is welcoming and comfortable. Mike is a very
friendly and helpful FBO who has worked very hard at keeping fuel
prices down -- even with an entirely new tank and pumping system.
RWY 16–34: 3200 X 60 (ASPH)
When winds are from 250 to 340, the trees at the south end of the
runway can cause challenging turbulence
|Be aware of a couple "Gotchas" with the new fuel pump
system. Don't worry, great hospitality and $3.98 fuel is worth it.
There is a new government requirement that automatically
turns the system off if more than 2 minutes goes by between
inserting your credit card and starting to pump fuel.
Mike is working this bureaucratic mess but it might take a
while. So, before you insert your credit card:
- Know how much fuel you intend to pump.
- Have your airplane grounded
- Hose extended.
- If you use a ladder, have it ready too.
- Gallons meter zeroed
- Have the power switch off until it has verified your credit
- Turn on the power switch after it has verified your
NOTE -- you won't hear the pump running as it is underground